Call for Proposals (January–December 2021)
Blue Oyster Art Project Space invites proposals from arts practitioners for projects between January–December 2021.
Each year Blue Oyster supports a wide range of artistic activity and we are pleased to open the 2021 call for proposals to any type of project proposal, including curatorial, writing, performance, workshops and events, with a particular emphasis on exhibitions which develop and extend individual and collaborative artistic practices.
With support from Blue Oyster Arts Trust, the director will prioritise innovative and experimental projects that respond to Blue Oyster’s context and vision. To read and understand more about the Trust's mission and goals visit our About Page.
Practitioners will receive an artist fee and production budget as well as support from Blue Oyster staff at each stage of the development, including curatorial support, promotion and installation.
- All proposals must be submitted by the closing deadline. Any proposals submitted after this time will not be considered.
- Please email your proposal in a single PDF with your name as the file name. For information on how to combine documents into a single PDF, click here.
- Proposals for exhibitions already presented will not be considered. Please refrain from submitting a proposal sent to another gallery or organisation.
- Keep your proposal clear and succinct.
- We are not able to accommodate all proposals submitted but are pleased to provide feedback to the best of our ability on request.
- You are not required to send illustrated floor plans, nor will they be considered in the proposal, the floor plans and Sketch Up file are only intended as points of reference to inform your proposal.
- By the closing date you will receive an email confirming we have received your proposal. If you have not received this email, your proposal has not been received—please call or email the gallery for receipt.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 25 September, 2020.
- Practitioners will receive an artist fee and production budget as well as support from Blue Oyster staff at each stage of the development, including curatorial support, logistical, promotional and installation assistance. If you live outside of Dunedin, you will be required to organise your own airfares and accomodation as well as extra freight costs.
- Exhibitors are required to sign an artist agreement and complete a survey or a feedback session after the exhibition.
- This call for proposals is for a 12-month period (January-December 2021)
- To download a floor plan, click here.
- To obtain a SketchUp file, please email the gallery.
Applications must include:
- A 500 word written outline of your proposed project and how it fits into your current practice. It is not expected that this will be a finalised project but we seek proposals that are robust and well researched to be further developed in conversation with the director.
- 4-5 examples of your previous work (written, visual, audio and video documentation encouraged in links to websites).
- Artist CV with a bio that explains your professional background and experience (no more than one page).
How to Apply:
Please read the proposal guidelines before submitting your proposal. Proposals must be in the advised format for consideration.
Email your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: midnight, Sunday 13 September, 2020.
Applicants will be notified by Friday 25 September, 2020.
For more questions and information, please email the director.